Warmth and Coolness
Have you ever wondered how your house manages to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer? What about other people around the world, how do they stay warm and cool? In science I read an article on heating and cooling and I learned a few things and how heating works that and why it’s needed that I found interesting. In case you don’t know much about the topic here’s the basics:
– All living things need at least some heat to survive.
– If an organism isn’t adapted to the amount of heat (too much or too little) they could die.
– Different organisms have adapted in different ways to survive, some examples would be things such as birds flying south in winter, dogs panting, or humans creating clothes and heating devices like furnaces and air conditioners.
So now that you know some of the basics of heating and cooling now onto the things I learned from the text about how humans heat and cool buildings:
– When people first started to develop ways to heat their house, originally using fireplaces for heat and shade and blinds to cool down, but a lot has changed since then.
– In the 1900’s modern air conditioners were invented soon followed by furnaces.
– Most houses now are built with a central heating systems and some have central air conditioners
– When wood, coal and oil are burned they release gas and energy that can be toxic so they have to be removed from the building using a chimney.
After hearing all this it made me wonder how you, the reader heat and cool your house during summer and winter. If you would complete the survey below it would be much appreciated, after two weeks of results I’ll make a post saying what I discovered when people took the survey.
Take the survey threw this link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JL5QJBT